Every member who joins PTA helps every child at CMS.
You can join as a family, community member, individual, student or faculty.
Your membership dollars help pay for:
- Educational student programs in-school and after school
- Social Events for students and parents
- Field trips
- Field trip t-shirts
- Field day
- Classroom supplies
- Teacher requests and needs
- Snacks for testing days
- End-of-year celebrations
- Our website
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Open the door to possibilities. Students and families who are members while at CMS open the door for scholarship opportunities in high school. Our PTA has the Alex Trejo Scholarship specifically for past CMS students only.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause - the growth of your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from various providers and sponsors, including Great Wolf Lodge, Sea World San Antonio, Texas Rangers, LaQuinta Inns & Suites, Dell, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Schlitterbahn Waterparks & Resorts, Six Flags, and more.
Make Every Child's Potential a Reality
When you join PTA, you take a step toward improving your child's education. You join millions of members across the nation who believe that our future lies in the hands of today's youth. We all want to see our children succeed, and studies have shown that being involved in your child's education is key to achieving that goal. Grades and test scores improve and self-esteem grows.
When legislators meet to discuss public education, PTA numbers speak volumes about advocating for change in our school systems. Successful students are everyone's business, and when students succeed, communities benefit.